Advanced Planning Options
Taking the time to arrange your funeral now leaves one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. We are here to help you every step of the way.
While people spend months planning events like weddings and trips, few think about the one event that is certain to happen: their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantage of planning your funeral in advance is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Advanced planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying for your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate a payment plan that suits your needs. Options include a single payment plan, to monthly bank account withdrawals. By pre-paying your funeral, you ease the financial impact on your family. Pre-payment also protects you and your family, from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. Depending on your region, if your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside, those funds will be refunded back to your beneficiaries. For more information on what is applicable in your region, simply speak to your funeral director. Each year thousands of people decide to plan and pay for their funeral in advance. These plans are designed to be flexible and to accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket.
- Write an obituary or jot down some information that could be included in an obituary.
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
- Choose a cemetery and purchase a lot.
- Purchase a cemetery memorial.
- Share a copy of your wishes with our funeral home to keep on file.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone. Advanced planning gives yourself, family, and friends peace of mind.